13430 NW Main St., Banks, OR 97106

Phone: (503) 324-6262

Fax: (503) 324-0523

Emergency: 911


May 1913 - “Fire Boys", The Bucket and Ladder Fire Company of Banks formed. Apparatus included two hose carts housed in Fire Hall No.1 located behind the Bank on the south side of Market St.


October 1915 - The Banks Community Methodist Church build in 1909 had a bell tower that served the “Fire Boys” as the fire alarm. The “Fire boys” were so busy that by 1915 the bell had to be replaced because it was cracked.


June 1925 - “Fire Boys” changed their name to Banks Fire Department.


July 1954 - Tri-City Rural Fire Protection District was formed with Clarence Sweere appointed Chief. This district serviced the communities of Banks, Buxton and Manning.


August 1954 - Tri-Cities purchased 250 gallon pumper from Cornelius which replaced hose carts.


September 1954 - Tri-Cities has its first call with the apparatus and volunteers.


March 1960 - Buxton Station built under the guidance of Cecil Lodge.


1966 - Jim Ward appointed Fire Chief


February 1972 - Sweere’s Garage purchased and Tri-Cities relocates to its current location at Main St and Sunset Avenue.


May 1975 - Rescue Unit purchased and emergency medical services added.


January 1983 - Tri-Cities Rural Fire Protection District merges with Timber Volunteer Fire District.


June 1985 - Land was purchased on Cochran Rd for a new Timber Station which took two years to build.


1987 - James Partain appointed Fire Chief.


1991 - John Schlegel appointed Fire Chief.


April 2000 - Tri-Cities moved into new station built at same location.


November 2000 - Brian Coussens appointed Fire Chief.


March 2001 - Tri-Cities change their name to Banks Fire District #13.


June 2001 - First full-time paid firefighter hired.


September 2001 - High School Firefighting class began.


September 11, 2001 - World Trade Center attacked.


2003 - Purchased Pierce Contendor Engine/Triple Combo Pumper to replace 1971 Louisvile


2004 - Purchased Pierce Contendor Engine/Triple Combo Pumper to replace 1980 Seagraves.


2006 - Voted Fire District of the Year by Oregon Fire Directors Association.


2007 - Purchased Kenworth 3000 gallon water tender to replace 1981 Autocar.


2009 - Purchased Brush Rig #13/Ford F550, "Spirit of Charolette". Donation received from the estate of Charolette Shultz.


2010 - Purchased Pierce Heavy Rescue, to replace 2001 Ford F550 that was converted into Brush Rig #14.


2014 - Purchased Pierce Contendor Engine/Triple Combo Pumper to replace 1994 Freightliner.


February 2014 - Hired two full-time Engineer/Mechanics.


March 2015 - Chief Rodney Linz hired.


September 2015 - High School Fire Science classes return to district.


July 2016 - Hired Chris Lanter as Training/Duty Officer.


December 2016 - Training Ground completed.


2016- Voted Fire District of the Year by Oregon Fire Directors Association.


October 2017- Solar Project completed, funded by a PGE Grant.


November 2017-Bond Measure approved to build fire station in Buxton, upgrade Banks and Timber stations and replace fire apparatus.